About Star Ratings:
Star ratings were created by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to give you an impartial view of the quality of the Medicare plans available in your area.
Each year, after an intense review process by CMS, plans are rated on a scale of 1 to 5 Stars, with 1 being Poor and 5 being Excellent. Of the 600+ Medicare plans in the United States, only 12 Medicare plans – including Essence Healthcare – received a perfect 5 out of 5 Stars in 2016.
Why Stars Matter to You:
A plan’s overall rating is based on over 50 quality measures in 5 categories. These 5 categories offer great insight into what your experience will be as a member of that plan.
- Staying Healthy — This category shows you that good health plans can help you stay healthy. At Essence, we encourage and assist your doctors to be proactive about your health and well being. This approach to healthcare helped us earn 5 Stars.
- Managing Chronic Conditions — If you have a chronic condition, you’ll want a plan that was rated highly in this category. Essence received high marks for helping members better manage their health by making sure they get the tests and treatments they need.
- Member Experience — The best measure of a health plan is what its actual members say about it. Survey results show that Essence members are highly satisfied with their plan, and their positive feedback directly contributes to Essence’s 5-Star rating.
- Low member complaints and increased plan performance — Member satisfaction again plays a large role in this category. Medicare found members of Essence had very few complaints about the plan, and that we continuously strive to improve our performance year after year.
- Customer Service — Customer service can really make or break your healthcare experience. Essence Healthcare’s local Customer Service team is consistently highly rated for their friendliness and efficiency in resolving appeals and paying claims quickly.
When you choose a Medicare plan from Essence Healthcare, you can rest easy knowing that you have chosen the highest-rated Medicare plan in the state of Missouri and Illinois.